The Tagbilaran City Police Station (TCPS) held a ceremonial turnover of logistical support from the Tagbilaran City Local Government Unit (LGU) on August 31, 2023.
The turnover was led by the Tagbilaran City Police Chief PLTCOL Homobuno R Sayon, who expressed his gratitude to Mayor Jane Yap and Sir Chief Baba Yap for their generous donation.
The logistical support included the following items:
- 8 pieces of red dot rifle scopes, which are optical devices that allow the shooter to aim at a target with a red dot;
- 22,000 rounds of 9mm ammunition, which are bullets used for pistols and submachine guns;
- 2,000 rounds of 5.56 ammunition, which are bullets used for rifles and carbines;
- Reloading components for 9mm good for 5,000 rounds, which are materials needed to make more bullets from empty cases;
- 600 pieces of IPSC and PSMOC target boards, which are cardboard targets used for practical shooting competitions; and
- 1-piece pocket timer, which is a device that measures the time and accuracy of the shooter.
According to PLTCOL Sayon, the logistical support will greatly help in training firearm proficiency and improving the operational capability of TCPS.
He said TCPS will use the items to enhance their skills and readiness in maintaining peace and order in Tagbilaran City.
Mayor Jane Yap and Sir Chief Baba Yap said that they are happy to support the TCPS in their efforts to protect the public and uphold the law.
They said that they trust the TCPS to use the items responsibly and effectively.
They also urged the public to cooperate with the police and report any suspicious or illegal activities in their areas.